Sunday, November 17, 2013

JFK's ASSASSINATION from my Journals Part III

Pages 156 -158 (These posts were from what I wrote back then- 50 years ago.  Much has changed, not only the world but many of my ideas)

Sunday November 24, 1963

2pm this afternoon Lee Oswald, suspected slayer of President Kennedy died of a gunshot wound inflicted by Jack Ruby!!

Kennedy's body was taken from the White House to the Capitol Building by a caisson of six white horses and a black one. When they got to the Capitol, Mrs Kennedy, Caroline, John Jr and the rest of the immediate family had to stand and listen to Hail to the Chief and two or three Eulogies. Then someone brought in a big wreath and President Johnson helped put it beside the casket. He bowed his head for a minute.  Mrs. Kennedy and Caroline knelt down and Mrs. Kennedy kissed the casket.  I sat watching it and wept and wept.  I could neither stop watching nor could I stop crying.   God love Mrs. Kennedy, she is so courageous and so brave.  She not only had to hold up in front of the public but also in front of her children.   I know I feel drained, absolutely and completely.

Last night our neighbors had a noisy party and I don't understand it. I wish I could just let it go and release it. This was probably their way but have they no feelings? Last night was not party night and I couldn't help but get mad.  I wanted to call them up and yell at them. I got over this but it is still puzzling.

The time is now 7:15 pm Sunday and I am impressed how unreal things seem. Things seem like they are all screwed up and untrue. Each day seems like the same day.  I wonder what Emmet Fox would have to say about all this?  He probably would say that there is a power behind what is going on and it is for good. What does money and prestige and material things matter now? This goes to show how very important peace of mind really is. Health, security and peace of mind far outweighs everything else.

Mother phoned me around 3 and was very upset.  She said that the murder of Lee Harvey Oswald proves this was not the work of a maniac. She says Oswald was killed because they were afraid he was going to talk.  She also said that every Cuban interviewed from Miami said this was the work of Castro. 

Personally I have the feeling that Oswald did not kill Kennedy. Sure all the evidence leads up to it but there was no positive identification nor did anyone hear him confess.

I'm wondering what changes will come about because of all of this.  By changes I do not mean the obvious political but the changes in everyday people. Will this change certain actions of people or will they continue to think about their petty, selfish ways?  Will this change fashion, types of music, ways of doing things like going to church and many many other things?  I think, I believe that this whole weekend has shaken many people up and made them sit up and think.  Surely no one over twenty one will forget this weekend. Surely there will be many repercussions and changes and those must be for the good.

What amazes me is how fast things can change.  One minute everything is going along in sameness and the next minute the whole world seems to have turned upside down.

I feel as though I had lost a member of my own family. I remember how I felt when Daddy died - shock, disbelief, unable to think.


No comments:

Post a Comment